"A journey to paradise" - Caribbean (Dominican Republic)
08 - 14 January 2018
This retreat is about returning to simplicity, to movement and celebrating life!
Wake up every morning in your private bungalow, nestled in the hills of the Dominican Republic with the most stunning view over the Caribbean ocean.
Practice daily yoga, Pranayama (breath work) and meditation on the stunning deck overlooking the ocean, sample local delights and dive into the turquoise ocean just minutes away from our home for the week.
- Adventure hike Explore the undiscovered treasures of the Samaná peninsula. On our full-day hike we will visit Boca del Diablo, Playa Frontón and the rural area around Las Galeras. Starting with a boat in Las Galeras we will arrive Playa Fronton where we will enjoy the beach while drinking fresh coconut water. From there we walk along the unspoiled coastline and luscious, rich land.
- Sampling local Caribbean delights The local chef will spoil your tastebuds with local fruit, vegetables and fresh fish. Feel fantastic from the inside out!
- Whale watching January is the month where the gentle giants of the sea, the humpback whales come into the bay. You will be able to see them play from the resort, but we will get close up and watch the whales on a unique boat trip. A once in a lifetime experience!
- The Waterfall Hike and Horseback ride This spectacular waterfall named “Salto El Limon” drops 150 feet into a natural, beautiful pool filled with fresh, crystal clear water. You can reach the top of the waterfall on horseback, then hike downwards through tropical jungle until you reach the bottom of this roaring cascade, where you can enjoy a refreshing swim in the big natural pool.
What you need to know...
You will be staying in one of the thirteen private bungalows facing the ocean, with breathtaking views on the Samaná peninsula which is located in the hills, 3 hours away by car from the capital Santo Domingo.We have the whole place to ourselves for a the ultimate exclusively tranquil getaway
The main building includes a large open living space and seating area, a bar, a barbecue grill, a sound system, free WIFI and a fully equipped kitchen.
0730 Teas & fruit
0830 Vinyasa Yoga with Carina
1030 Brunch Delights
1200 Day Trip to the most fascinating caribbean beach “Playa Fronton”.
1700 Back to the resort, relax by the pool, free time, ...
1800 evening workshop
- 6 nights accommodation in a private sea view bungalow
- 2h morning yoga daily
- daily fresh fruit juices
- full board fresh, local and homemade cuisine (can cater for vegetarian, but also fresh fish is served)
- daily evening class or workshop
- 1 hour welcome massage
- airport transfer (collective pick up)
- all trips and excursions on the island
- flight (direct with Iberia from Madrid --> check skyscanner.com for the best deals!)
- extra spending money
Private Bungalow: $ 1.399 / € 1.185 (please inquire for special deals!)
"If you'll like to find PARADISE, this is the place to go. Beautiful secluded resort. Perfect for many occasions: Retreats, family reunions, weddings... you name it. A Gem in this, beautiful Caribbean location Samaná, Dominican Republic. The privacy of the place will amuse you. The scenery, pool, landscape, cleanliness, staff and well-kept grounds will make you want to go back again and again." - Alba
"This is a spectacular, small and private resort where you can relax, unwind and totally escape in the natural beauty of your surroundings. The accommodations, pool, food, staff, panoramic scenic views and owner are ALL top notch. I attended an AMAZING one week Yoga retreat there and it was the vacation of a lifetime!!!! In between our peaceful yoga sessions overlooking the mountains AND ocean we also visited beautiful beaches, rode horses to swim in a breath taking waterfall and hiked vigorously through the jungle/mountains as well. Truly a wonderful experience and great value, worth every penny and more! Can't wait to do it again!!" - Suzanne
"I just got back from a wonderful yoga retreat and I can't wait to go back. The place is beautiful, food is delicious and the owner is super friendly and attentive. Truly had a marvelous time there." - Ma
Carina has graduated as a Vinyasa Flow teacher in Ibiza in 2013 after having yoga in her life since the age of 16. Ever since then she has been teaching, sharing, growing and learning. She takes her inspiration from practices of Yin Yoga, Kundalini Yoga and dance. Recently Carina has undertaken a shamanic course for the well-being of women and the connection back to their root. Her work is moving more and more towards empowering people from all over the world to release the old and to live to their highest potential.
Appreciated for her warmth and peaceful spirit, Sophie is wholeheartedly dedicated to her practice, and she is committed to improving people's quality of life for the long term, just as Yoga and Reflexology has done for her.
She completed her Hatha and Vinyasa 200-hour training in Nicaragua and has been dedicated to teaching since. Sophie then went on to further training with her mentors Leila Sadeghee, Tara Judelle and Bridget Luff, through which she integrated the Anusara method into her teachings as well as taking advanced trainings with Sianna Sherman, Hala Kouri and Katy Appleton. Her specialist work includes yoga for stress and trauma as well as Antenatal and Postnatal yoga.
Enquire now about our 'Journey To Paradise'' Retreat